Keeping control of your e-texts
As promised there is now a new converter for Gutenberg texts available to download.
It does the following:
- Starting from a Gutenberg.org text file - mostly with manual line breaks
- Create the same text without the unnecessary line breaks
- Create an html file from the text for your handheld
- A Java runtime environment (free download here)
- Keep control over your supply of your texts because the text file without line breaks is so simple to search, copy and paste, look at.
- Read Gutenberg ebooks in an easy to read html format
- Put the text file and the html on your handheld - use Plucker for the html and Documents to Go for the text.
- Easily read and edit on the move
- Get thousands of free books from Gutenberg.org and keep control over the format.
- Avoid being stuck with e-texts which you can only read, or which you can only read in pieces on-line with ads all around them.